The Harlan Institute-Ashbrook Virtual Supreme Court
1. Research and write the brief
2. Sign up for a Virtual Mentoring session
Schedule an appointment with the Harlan Institute’s virtual mentors to prepare your oral argument.
3. Prepare for the preliminary round
For the preliminary round, students submit their briefs, and coaches ask prepared questions.
4. Compete in the Virtual Rounds
Compete against teams across the country in the Virtual Supreme Court competition.
5. Championship Round in Washington, D.C.
The top teams will receive a free trip to Washington, D.C. to argue the championship round before federal judges.
Sign up for the competition
Deadlines for OT 2021
- Week of 11/15/21: Virtual Mentoring sessions
- 12/15/21: Submissions are due
- 2/12/22 and 2/13/22: Semifinal Round
- 2/26/22 and 3/6/22: Round of 8
- 3/19/22 and 3/20/22: Round of 4
- 4/25/22: Championship round