Congratulations to the winners of the second season of FantasySCOTUS.org.
The grand prize winner is Ms. Dayna Laur’s AP Government Class at Central York High School in York, Pennsylvania. Ms. Laur’s class scored a record 25,300 points from earning over 125 badges. The quality of their work is simply astonishing, and each student in the class should be commended. Ms. Laur’s class will receive an iPad as a prize.
The second-place team is Ms. Erin Olson’s AP English class at Sioux Central High School in Sioux Central, Iowa. Ms. Olson, whose class was featured on the front page of the New York Times for her ingenuous use of technology in the classroom. Ms. Olson’s students wrote a number of important blog posts, and earned several badges for our special Bill of Rights Institute and ConSource contests. Ms. Olson’s class will receive a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card as a Prize.
The third-place team is Ms. Wendy Wolfe’s Constitutional and Criminal Law class at Totino-Grace High School in Fridley, Minnesota. In Ms. Wolfe’s first season participating in FantasySCOTUS, her team narrowly missed second place. Ms. Wolfe’s class will receive a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card as a Prize.
We also had several runner-ups who will each receive a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card:
- Mr. Cleveland Tiller’s AP Government Class at Brunswick High School in Brunswick, Georgia
- Mr. Monte DeArmoun’s American Government Class at Northwood-Kenset High School in Northwood, Iowa
- Ms. Jeanne Lee’s class at The Paideia School in Atlanta, Georgia
- Mr. Chris Zanoni’s Honors Government Class at Somerset High School in Somerset, Pennsylvania
- Ms. Rhonda’s Nachtigall’s Law Class at Watertown High School in Watertown, Wisconsin
Congratulations to all of the teachers and students who participated in FantasySCOTUS this year. We hope you all return next year.